Shri Shahaji Chhatrapati Mahavidyalaya
Establishment and Heritage of 50 Years...
Click here to see the information in Marathi
With the establishment of Shivaji University at Kolhapur in 1962, the city gained academic importance. From that point of view, it was necessary for Shri Shahu Chhatrapati Sanstha to have a residential college in Kolhapur. Since there was no such hostel college in Kolhapur at that time, many experts and ascetic activists in the field of education at that time suggested that the institute should take initiative in setting up such a college to address this shortcoming.
It is clear from the resolution of the organization that the organization had another role. In this, 'The first hostel in Kolhapur is ours. After that Rajarshi Shahu Maharaj encouraged various castes to set up hostels for their caste brothers with the noble intention of social awareness through education and cooperation in various castes and religions. They provided space around our organization. Therefore, in the premises of our organization, Shri Digambar Jain Hostel (Student 250), Shri Veershaiva Lingayat Hostel (Student 225), Chandraseni Kayastha Prabhu Hostel (Student 36), Saraswat Hostel (Student 25), Muslim Hostel (Student 75), Panchal Hostel (Student 21) ) And Vaish hostels (Student 18) etc.to all these hostels, Kolhapur the nickname "Mother of Boarding House" . Considering all these backgrounds, we have decided to set up a college with a hostel. In addition to the dormitory, a large state-of-the-art college building with space is available in the premises of our institute and a playground is arranged next to it. All these campuses are known as the educational campus of Kolhapur. If there is a college facility here, it will be very beneficial for all the students. 'It is said that in accordance with this resolution, the organization decided to start an all-inclusive college and took the responsibility of the expenses.
From the very beginning, the organization had followed the noble vision of Rajarshi Shri Shahu Chhatrapati Maharaj for public awareness and communal harmony through education. While the hostels of other tribes were not in Kolhapur, the needy students of other tribes were accommodated in Shri Shahu Maratha Student Hostel. No distinction was made in this regard and the same approach was taken in the case of starting a hostel college. This means that the Executive Board of Shri Shahu Chhatrapati Shikshan Sanstha has decided to set up a hostel college in the premises of the institution with the primary goal of creating a good and ideal residential hostel college for children of all castes and religions. Taken at the Executive Board meeting held on 29 June 1969. Further, the general meeting of Shri Shahu Chhatrapati Maratha Shikshan Sanstha was held on 2nd November 1969. As per the subject number 6 of this meeting, it was decided to start a college with a hostel on behalf of the organization.
Leading Articles on College Establishment:
After the discussion that a hostel college will be started through Shri Shahu Chhatrapati Shikshan Sanstha.Dated May 16, 1971. The article was published in the society. The article was written by Padmabhushan Shri Balasaheb Patil, the editor of the society. In it, he said, 'Shri Shahu Chhatrapati Maratha Student Hostel is a special feature of Kolhapur. But it took time to expand the educational work beyond that. It is hoped that by starting a residential college in the name of Rajarshi Shahu Maharaj and by the institution sanctified by Padasparsha, education should be imparted to cultivate the thoughts of Shahu Maharaj and a young person with strong social consciousness should be formed from this college. The institute has its own magnificent buildings and as a hostel college it will be well accommodated for the students. The president of the organization, Shri. While launching the college under the leadership of Balasaheb Patil Kaulavkar and Honorary Secretary Shri Sarjerao Patil, it is stated that the aim of the institute is to set up an all India level competitive examination guidance center for the admitted students.
Symbols of National Unity should be:
The 'College of Arts and Commerce' started by Shri Shahu Chhatrapati Shikshan Sanstha was intended to be a perpetual monument to the noble ideals of Rajarshi Shri Shahu Chhatrapati Maharaj and a shining symbol of national unity. There is a great lack of hostel colleges in the academic life of Kolhapur city and the aim was to overcome this shortcoming and give a chance to the new generation to cultivate the spirit of national unity. The then executive board had testified that we are working hard to make this dream of the college a reality.
Vission, Mission & Objectives:
After the decision was taken to start the college, it was also decided what the aims and objectives of the proposed college should be. Accordingly,
- To be a socially responsible educational centre for academic excellence.
- To strive for Rajarshi Shahu’s ideals of mass education, social justice and equality.
- Spread of education among socially and economically disadvantaged classes. Development of Students’ personality through curricular, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities. Promotion of democratic values among the students.
College Breath Sentence:
Knowing that knowledge is the supreme force, knowledge is the nectar, without knowledge there is no way out, there is no other alternative to knowledge, the college adopted the breath sentence 'Gyanam hi param balam'.
First college program:
On The College was formally established on 15th June 1971 under the name of College of Arts and Commerce. The first inaugural program in the history of the college.Concluded on 23rd July 1971 on the occasion of the birth anniversary of Chhatrapati Rajaram Maharaj.दै. In the presence of the editor of the society Padmabhushan Balasaheb Patil and Principal S. S. The event was presided over by Bhosale. On this occasion, Shri.By Patil, Shri. The educational revolution that Rajaram Maharaj carried out in Kolhapur during his one and a half year career is unparalleled in the history of colonialism. While carrying out this educational revolution, Maharaj took the lead in every work of education. Due to this educational revolution carried out by Rajaram Maharaj, Kolhapur's position has become equal to that of Pune. Is. The educational work done by Rajaram Maharaj was a supernatural work. Rajaram Maharaj was completely non-addicted. He loved the student immensely. His nature was as sweet as the flowers in the garden. Students should study this great character of Rajaram Maharaj by understanding it, 'such sentiments were expressed. The program was organized by DIG, Pune Division. Mebajirao Kamble was a special guest.
Anniversary of the college and commendation of the institution:
During the 70 years of Shri Shahu Chhatrapati Shikshan Sanstha, the establishment of the college further expanded the scope of the institution. In this regard, the organization report said, 'This is an important year in the history of the organization. It is important to mention in golden letters that this is the fruit of the visionary policy of Rajarshi Shri Shahu Chhatrapati Maharaj. The joy of realizing the dream of Bahujan Samaj's educational objective is the idea of starting an Arts and Commerce College by the organization. S.S. Bhosale has benefited '.
First Annual Awards Ceremony:
The first annual prize giving ceremony of the college was held at the hands of famous classical singer Pandit Bhimsen Joshi. The meritorious students of the college from the year 1971 to 1973 were honored at this function. The principal of the college S. This was S. Bhosle.
College Nomination - Shri Shahaji Chhatrapati Mahavidyalaya:
Wealthy Shri Shahaji Chhatrapati Maharaj, Patron-in-Chief and President of Shri Shahu Chhatrapati Shikshan Sanstha, from the very beginning had generously provided financial assistance by providing guidance and encouragement for various educational activities of the Sanstha. Therefore, when the decision to start a college was made by the executive board, it was taken up by Shahaji Maharaj. When the college was started in 1971, the name of the college was Arts and Commerce College (Shahu Boarding College). On At the general meeting of Shri Shahu Chhatrapati Shikshan Sanstha on 6th January 1973, the resolution to rename the College of Arts and Commerce started by the institute as per subject no. 4 was presented by the then Chairman Balasaheb Patil-Kaulavkar After discussing the resolution, the then President of the Society and Rajarshi Shahu Chhatrapati Maharaj's grandson Shrimant Shri Shahaji Chhatrapati Maharaj's name was suggested by the then Honorary Secretary of the Society Shri Sarjerao Patil and the name of the college was decided as 'Shri Shahaji Chhatrapati Mahavidyalaya'.
College in Rajwada:
In the academic year 1974-75, it was decided to relocate Shri Shahaji Chhatrapati Mahavidyalaya to Shalini Palace (Phule Sadan). The Shalini Palace was then owned by the Phulewadi Executive Society. Ca. Bondredada named Shalini Palace 'Phule Sadan'. Another reason why the college was in the palace was that in 1974, the then Education Minister Na. Madhukarrao Chaudhary had visited Shalini Palace on the occasion of his visit to Kolhapur. On this occasion Bondredadani no. Welcoming Chaudhary, he toured the palace and expressed his desire for educational development in this place (in the palace). Not on this. Chaudhary, in our democracy, it is important to understand that the co-operative society buys a grand palace and uses it for social work. I will definitely think about how this palace can be used for educational development. That said. This means late. The idea of setting up an educational complex in the palace seems to have been on Dada's mind for a long time. Shri Shahaji Chhatrapati Mahavidyalaya was shifted to Rajwada and Dada gave it a tangible form. Dada always used to say, "Our Shahu Maratha Shikshan Sanstha is very proud that the children of farmers are now getting education in Rajwada."
Shahaji's Garuda Bharari:
Ca. Bondredada appointed Shri. Abasaheb Shinde was brought to Kolhapur. Principal Dr. In one or two years, Shinde started innovative experiments and initiatives and implemented them effectively. It created consciousness and excitement. He presented the dissertation 'International Seminar on Higher Education and Development' organized by the Association of Asian Universities in Delhi in 1975 to reach out to the people. The news of this.Published in the Times of India on 14 May 1975 under the headline "A new method of a college". This created a distinct identity of Shri Shahaji Chhatrapati Mahavidyalaya. The then Governor of Maharashtra Ali Yavar Jung also praised the activities of the college. During this period, Shri Shahaji College came to be known as a brand.
Foundation stone of new college building:
On December 11, 1980 marks the commemorative day of Shri Shahaji Chhatrapati Mahavidyalaya. Space was secured for the college building. Bhumi Pujan and foundation stone laying ceremony of the new building of Shri Shahaji Chhatrapati Mahavidyalaya planned in the premises of the hostel sanctified by the inauguration of Rajarshi Shri Shahu Maharaj by the then Prince Shrimant Shahu Chhatrapati Maharaj and the then Mayor of Kolhapur Municipal Corporation Hon. It was presided over by Dattatraya Narhari Kanerkar. In his inaugural address, Yuvraj Shrimant Shahu Chhatrapati Maharaj said, "I am proud that Shri Shahu Chhatrapati Shikshan Sanstha is carrying out the educational work done by my father-in-law with utmost diligence". If so. In his speech on the occasion, Shripatrao Bondredada said, "Along with big buildings, the responsibility of producing smart children with big minds and intellect is important." In his presidential address, In the mayor Dattatraya Narhari Kanerkar stated, "As a member of Urban Bank, the loan given for the construction of the college means that it is a repayment of Shahu's debt."
Relocation of College to Shahu Maratha Student Hostel:
From 1971 to 1980, the college completed a major milestone of 175 students to 1500. The building of Shalini Palace was in dire need of a new building as the growing number of students was becoming insufficient. The then office bearers of the institute relocated the college to Shri Shahu Maratha Vidyarthi Hostel at Dussehra Chowk in June 1981.
Inauguration of New College building:
The new building of the college was completed in my mind. Inauguration of new building of Shri Shahaji Chhatrapati Mahavidyalaya On August 25, 1983, the then Deputy Prime Minister and Chairman of the Eighth Finance Commission, late. At the hands of Yashwantrao Chavan and the late Chief Minister of Maharashtra. It was held under the chairmanship of Vasantdada Patil. Shrimant Shahu Maharaj, President and Chief Patron of the Society, and many dignitaries of the then Cabinet were present on the occasion. The architect was Messrs. Benadikar-Patil. It is recorded that the construction of the college cost a total of Rs. 28,00,000/-.
Administrative level approval:
On Although the college was started on 15th June, 1971, the institute had already started the process for accreditation at the administrative level, at Shivaji University and at the Government of Maharashtra level. Shivaji University The letter, dated 12 February 1971, gave general affiliation. Therefore, from the establishment of the college, grants were started on the principle of grant-in-aid of the government. Government of Maharashtra Recognized first year college pre-degree subjects by issuing notification on January 1, 1972.(Reference: Department of Education, Sports and Social Welfare UKF 9771-18113, dated 1-1-1971.) Shivaji University has recognized affiliation for degree courses from June 1972. In June 1975, the UGC approved the launch of a book bank scheme in the college. The year 1977-78 was important from a college point of view. Due to the increase in the number of students and the unique activities undertaken by the college on the strength of expert and experienced professors, the college Quality , which was a great honor and pride for the college. On Granted 2f status on 07 March 1977 under UGC Act 1956. (Ref: UGC Letter No. F-8-94 / 77 (op)).2f College administration has been striving since 1975 to achieveThe college was included in 12B in the 8th Five Year Plan in 1992. The college was affiliated to Shivaji University for a period of three years from 1971 to 1993. On On July 13, 1993, Shivaji University granted permanent and permanent affiliation to the college.
Rich Tradition of Principals, Professors:
The college has a rich tradition of rich leadership. S. S. Bhosale, Dr. Abasaheb Shinde, Dr. V. D. Katambale, Dr. D. R. More, a former Principal gave ideological direction to the college. At the same time, scholarly professors specializing in various subjects added to the tradition of the college. In this Dr. L. R. Nasirabadkar, Prof. Chandrakumar Nalge, Prof. Keche, Prof. Gharge, Dr. Jaysingrao Pawar, Prof. K. H. Thakkar, Prof. Mutalik Desai, Dr. N.T. Thorat, Prof. Anandrao Vairat, Prof. Sudhakar Mankar, Prof. And. D. Varadkar, Prof. K. M. Morey, Prof. D. N. Pangu, Mrs. Meena Kulkarni, Prof. R. G. Kulkarni, Prof. Tiwale, Prof. Mrs. Rajni Bhagwat, late. Dr. D. B. Ratnakar, Prof. Anand Girigosavi, Prof. S. T. Due to, Prof. D. D. Kadam, Dr. R. G. Gokakkar, Prof. E. R. Katkar, Dr. H. S. Vanmore, Dr. P. R. Shewale, Dr. N. V. Shah, Prof. S. A. Wadgave, Prof. K. N. Nirmale, Prof. V. B. Patil, Prof. M. T. Suryavanshi, Mrs. Pratibha Patil, Prof. Dinesh Dange, Prof. Nikam Patil, Mrs. Bhosle, Sou. Gholap, Sou. Chandekar, Sou. A. A. Patil, Prof. Rathod, Prof. Ashok Patil etc. can be mentioned.
The following associate professors are currently working under the leadership of current principal Dr. R. K. Shanediwan. In this, Prof. Dr. D. K. Valvi, Department of Hindi Prof. A. R. Kamble, Dr. Mrs. S. S. Patil, Department of English.N. S. Jadhav, Dr. M. R. Dr. Vairat, Department of History.S. V. Shikhare, Prof. S. D. Aparadh, Dr. S. D. Jadhav, Department of Political Science Dr. R. D. Mandanikar, Dr. V. J. Dethe, Department of Economics.Dr. Mrs. S. S. Rathod, Dr. D. P. Gawde, Department of Sociology K. M. Desai, Department of Geography Prof. R. M. Kamble, Dr. D. L. Kashid-Patil, Dr. Mrs. N. D. Kashid-Patil, Commerce Department Prof. S. H. Kamble, Librarian Dr. B. Patil, Director of Physical Education Prof. P. B. Patil.
Prof. of Marathi subject to the junior department. Mrs. R. S. Kamble, Mr. G. Y. Jadhav, Mr. P. K. Patil, Mr. N. S. Patil, Mr. M. N. Kamble, Mr. S. H. Ghodke, Mr. M. M. Kadam, Miss. V. V. Urunkar, Mr. N. C. Potter, Dr. Mrs. A. D. Patil, Mr. A. B. Shelke, Mr. M. T. Patil, Mr. P. G. Angaj, Commerce Mrs. M. M. Gaikwad, Mrs. S. B. Patil, Mr. V. A. Patil, Mr. P. H. Patil, Mr. S. H. Charapale.
During the early days of the college. S. N. Parab was the superintendent. Late.Waddekar, Late.S. N. Pingale, Late. Barale is the clerk while Shivaji Jadhav, K. L. Chavan, Late. Gajabhau, Late. Nayaku Kamble was working as a soldier.
S. N. Some time after Parab Waddekar held the post of Superintendent. Then in the 1980s.Late S. N. Pingale became the Superintendent. At the same time, the number of administrative staff also increased. In this late.Sudhakar Wadkar, late. P. D. Chikodi, R. P. Shinde, late. P. M. Patil (Chikhali), a. D. Patil (Accountant), Late. D. G. Patil, A. P. Patil was included. As a fourth class employee, Shri. Mother, Late. Tukram Dhanwade, D. R. Patil, Ananda Shinde, Gopal Patil and Patil, Bibhishan Dhaware was working.
In 1995, the number of students in the college exceeded 2000. At that time the post of Registrar was sanctioned to the college and Late. Mr. S. N. Pingale and Late Chikodi started working as a superintendent. After Pingale, Late. Chikodi was working as a Registrar,as the Chief Clerk Shri. R. P. Shinde began to see this work. After Chikodi, Shri. R. P. Shinde became the Registrar and Shri. Ashok Bhaskar started working as the Head Clerk.
Since 2009, Registrar Shri.Ravindra Bhosale and Shri. Manish Bhosale is Office Superintendent the work and Shri. M. A. Davane, Shri. R. H. Patil, Shri. S. R. Patil, Shri. R. M. Sulekar, Shri. A. D. Harale, Shri. S.M. Kadam, Shri. U.B. Gangurde, Mrs. U.U. Salokhe, these are working as clerks. Also in the servant class, Shri. B. R. Ingwale, Shri. K. M. Suravase, Shri. V. P. Lad, Shri. D. V. Kamble, Shri. P. R. Varute, Shri. D. N. Gurav, Shri. A. N. Kamble, Shri. G. R. Gosavi, Shri. S. D. Patil, Shri. D. G. Tibile, Shri. Y. B. Kumbhar, Shri. S. Y. Tipugade, Shri. R. M. Kale, Shri. A. V. Dalvi, Shri. K. D. Bhosale, Shri. A. S. Jadhav is working.
Rich Alumni Tradition:
Over a period of fifty years, thousands of students have acquired knowledge in the fields of Arts, Commerce and Science. Through his knowledge, Shahaji's students are still serving in various fields of society. We are proud of all these alumni and some of them are mentioned below.
- 1 Mr. Due to Dnyaneshwar, retired IAS Officer, Government of India.
- 2 Mr. Bhushan Gagrani, Chartered Officer, Government of Maharashtra.
- 3 Sujata Patil, DYSP
- 4 Mr. Suhas Nadgauda, Additional SP Pune.
- 5 Mr. Yashwant Whitkar, Deputy Commissioner of Police, Mumbai.
- 6 Nilam Patil, P.S.I.
- 7 Mr. Amit Patil, A.P.I.
- 8 Shri. Ankush Chintaman, A.P.I.
- 9 Shri. Laxman Chintaman, P.I.
- 10 Mr. Nitin Babar, P.S.I.
Library renamed (Shivaji Library):
In the year 1996, Principal Dr. V. D. Katambale retired. His retirement ceremony was presided over by Barrister Dr. P. G. Patil's chief was present. While replying to this greeting, Principal Dr. Late Katambalerequested Bondre Dada to name the library 'Shivaji Library'. When Late. Bondredada and the office bearers of the organization immediately accepted the request and the library were renamed as 'Shivaji Library'. With the growing number of students in the college, the number of libraries and books was increasing but the libraries were becoming insufficient. For this, a proposal was made in 2001 to expand the library. Expansion of Shivaji Library was completed with the financial assistance of UGC.
Colleges are evaluated through National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAC) Bangalore. Shri Shahaji Chhatrapati Mahavidyalaya was evaluated twice by NAC. The first assessment was made by a three-member committee. Accessed 27 and 28 February 2004. In the first NAC's assessment, the college got accreditation and B ++ status. The second revaluation of the college took place in 2014. NAC committee The second re-evaluation of the college took place on 8, 9 and 10 December 2014. In this, the college got B 'status. (CGPA 2.61) Start of
Business Oriented Courses:
On The post graduate (M.Com.) Course in Commerce was started in the college on 15th June, 1985. The course was inaugurated by the then Vice Chancellor of Shivaji University, it was done byProf. K. Bhogishayan. The program was chaired by Hon. Namdevrao was Kamble. On this occasion, Principal Dr. V. D. Katambale handed over to the Vice-Chancellor a fund of Rs. In June 1998, B.Com. English medium classes were started on a non-grant basis, but were discontinued a few years later due to non-receipt of grants from the government.college through UGC Travel and Tourism course was started in theThe BCA department was started in the college in the academic year 2008-09. MBA course has been started in the college through Yashwantrao Chavan Open University since 2011 and Department of Science has been started on unsubsidized basis from 2014-15.
Visits of Dignitaries to the College:
Since the establishment of the college, many eminent personalities from the political, social, educational and cultural fields visited various events. Hon. Yashwantrao Chavan, Hon. Balasaheb Desai, Hon. Vasantdada Patil, Hon. Vasantrao Naik, Hon. Balasaheb Bharade, Hon. Sharad Pawar, Hon. Shalinitai Patil, Hon. Yashwantrao Mohite, Hon. Mohan Dharia, Ma. Tarkatirtha Laxmanshastri Joshi, Literary Hon. Shivaji Sawant, Hon. Ranjit Desai, Hon. R. R. Borade, Hon. N. G. Gore, Hon. Sunderlal Bahuguna, Hon. Madhu Mangesh Karnik, Hon. G. N. Dandekar, Hon. G. T. Madkholkar, Prof. K. Bhogishayan, Hon.Ram Gabale, Prof. R. K. Kanbarkar, Br. P. G. Patil, Hon. Shivajirao Bhosale, Hon. Pandit Bhimsen Joshi, Hon. Shankar Patil, Prof. F. M. Shinde, Prof. Arun Nigvekar, Hon. Nishigandha Wad, Prof. Sharankumar Limbale, Prof. Datta Bhagat, Prof. Baburao Bagul, Hon. G. B. Behere, Dr. B. S. Bhange, Hon.Prof.T. K. Sant, Prof. Anant Kanekar, Hon. Narayan Surve, Hon. Bhalji Pendharkar, Hon. Chittaranjan Kolhatkar, Hon. Arun Sadhu, Hon. Kumar Saptarshi, Dr. Shivram Bhoje, Hon. Mohan Joshi, Dr. Nair Vasudevan, Hon. Tara Bhavalkar, Hon. Suresh Bhat, Dr. A. R. Kulkarni, Hon. Ram Meghe, Dr. Neeraj Hattekar, Dr. B. L. Patil, Prof. Dr. Manikrao Salunkhe, Dr. Bhaskar Dhatvakar, Dr. G. T. Kulkarni, Prof. Dr. Surendra Rao (Mangalore University), Prof. Dr. Ashok Bhoite, Prof. Dr. N. J. Pawar, Dr. Stuart Gordon (USA), along with Prof. Dr. Devanand Shinde, many other dignitaries have visited the college.
Activities implemented since the establishment of Shri Shahaji Chhatrapati Mahavidyalaya:
1) Karmaveer Vitthal Ramji Shide Research Center (First Center in Maharashtra):
The institute and the college have undertaken a number of initiatives to spread the message of social equality and equality to the students and the society. The Karmaveer Vitthal Ramji Shinde Research Center started on December 1, 1974 is worth mentioning. The inauguration ceremony of the research center was attended by the great leader of the country Shri. At the hands of Yashwantraoji Chavan and former Chief Minister of Maharashtra Shri. It was held at Mahatma Phule (Shalini Palace) in the presence of Vasantraoji Naik. Eat on this occasion. Ca. Shankarrao More's writings and correspondence are his Chiranjeev Aa. Ravindra More and his brothers donated to the Center.
2) The first experiment of girls' tuition fee waiver in Maharashtra:
In the year 1974-75, justifying the birth centenary year of Rajarshi Shahu Chhatrapati Maharaj, it was decided to waive the tuition fees for all the girls in the college. Shri Shahaji Mahavidyalaya was the only college in Maharashtra to introduce a fee waiver scheme for girls.
3) Late. Shripatrao Bondre Dada Competition Examination Guidance Center:
When the college was being set up, it was intended that the college should make a conscious effort to make the students in rural areas aware of the competitive examinations at the all-India level. It was with this in mind that the Competitive Examination and Business Guidance Center was started in the year 1976 through the College. In the year 2014, the competition examination center's' Late.Shripatrao Bondre (Dada) Competition Examination Guidance Center.
4) Miscellaneous philosophy department:
The college launched a number of innovative initiatives to inculcate cultural interest in the students. Encouraged students.1974 to promote the artistic talents of the students Annual Social was started inIt provided a platform through poetry reading, storytelling, drama reading, acting direction, narration, singing, playing, dance, handicrafts, drama, imitation, painting, photography, etc. Not only did it provide a platform, but it also hosted lectures and demonstrations by many well-known artists, singers, musicians, and thinkers in the field.
5) Socratic Club and Shahu Club (Open Platform):
Principal Dr. Shinde started two very important activities in the college. It consists of two important platforms, the Shahu Club and the Socratic Club. On On September 20, 1974, Dr. Shinde made conscious efforts to enhance the academic quality of the students by starting Shahu Club and Socratic Club in the college. The initiative, which was started with the aim of boosting the confidence of the students and professors, is still carried out with enthusiasm.
6) Earn and Learn Scheme:
Launched 'Earn and Learn' scheme for poor and budding students. The organization implemented the scheme financially and successfully implemented it for many years to come. Under this scheme, the organization has provided accommodation and meals to 25 needy and poor students who are deprived of education. Construction, gardening, dining arrangements etc. are being done by these students in the allotted time.
7) Women Personality Development Committee:
The 'Women's Department' was started in 1982-83 for college students. From the beginning, Dr. Meena Kulkarni was watching his work. Various programs are being conducted by the department for the students so that they can develop their personality, keep their health neat and help in solving many other problems of women. In 1998-99, the women's section was renamed as 'Women's Personality Development Committee'. Every year free health check up of college students is being conducted through this department and various courses are being run for the girls to become self reliant and self reliant.
8) Credit Union of Employees of Shri Shahu Chhatrapati Shikshan Sanstha:
Considering the financial problems of the teachers and teaching staff of Shri Shahaji Chhatrapati College, Principal Dr. V. D. In the career of Katambale, Prof. On the initiative of Chandrakumar Nalge, a credit union was started for the employees of Shri Shahu Chhatrapati Shikshan Sanstha. He died on August 25, 1983. The credit union has been inaugurated under the auspices of Yashwantrao Chavan.
9) Addiction Free Campus:
Shri Shahu Chhatrapati Shikshan Sanstha has started implementing 'Addiction Free College Campus' since 1998. Shri Shahaji Chhatrapati Mahavidyalaya is the first college in Maharashtra to implement such a concept. This initiative was appreciated by the government.
10) Shahajiyan Alumni Association:
The Shahajiyan Alumni Association was started in the year 1998 with the objective of creating a bond between the alumni of the college, the students who have graduated from the college, to be permanently attached to the college, and to be permanently attached to the college. The Board has been duly registered on 8th July 2008 (MAHA / 24922 / KO) and Mr. Babaso Patil-Asurlekar has been the Chairman of the Board since its inception.
11) Distance Learning Center:
Shivaji University has set up a distance learning center for the students who cannot complete their education by taking regular admission in the college and started the distance learning center of Shivaji University in the college from the year 2007.
12) Leading Colleges:
Shivaji University started implementing leading college scheme from 2006. The college has so far successfully organized 30 innovative workshops under this scheme. From 2015-16 to 2018-19, the college was selected by Shivaji University as the Lead College. During this time, the college has organized 20 workshops through various colleges.
Following are some of the highlights of the college's golden jubilee year.
1) The Staff Welfare Committee was started in the year 1974 to solve the problems related to the college professors.
2) From the year 1975-76, the initiative was started to give 'Mini Question Bank' to the students before the university examination. As a result, the result of the students at the university level increased.
3) The first Gymkhana Committee was appointed in the year 1980 to organize various programs and activities of the college in a proper manner. Prof. Anand Vairat was the first head of this committee.
4) Shahaji Hikers Department was started in the year 1981-82. Through this department, cycle safaris were organized every year for the faculty and students.
5) Through the Commerce Department in the college. The Commerce Forum was launched on September 20, 1982.
6) For the Department of Economics. On January 5, 1984, a new planning board was formed.
7) In the year 1984, the English department started "Meghdoot" and the Hindi department started "Aradhana" posters.
8) In the year 1984-85, a new initiative called 'Giribhramanti' was started for students and professors. It was inaugurated by Senior History B.C. Ni. It was done by Dandekar.
9) In 1998, the English Department, through the English Language and Literary Association (ELLA), launched a poster called 'Raincow'.
10) Launched Teacher-Parent Scheme in 1998.
11) In the year 1998, a "Training Program for Office Workers" was undertaken by the organization to impart modern knowledge to the office workers of the college and to modernize the computer.
12) From 2012-13 to 2014-15, the concept of 'Red Ribbon Club' was implemented very effectively in the college.
13) It is an honor to organize the first student meeting through Shivaji University. (2014)
14) In order to increase the research among the students, the College has successfully conducted the Invention Competition (2015) which was started with the concept of the Chancellor.
On February 1, 2018, the newly appointed principal of the college, Dr. R. K. Shanedivan handled the sutras. Before assuming the post of Principal, Principal Dr. R. K. Shanedivan was the coordinator of the internal guarantee room (IQAC) of the college. Since then, many different initiatives have been started at the college level. They can be reviewed at the departmental level as follows.
1) At the college level, the concept of self-evident, perfect 'Academic Calendar' is being implemented with a view to create coherence in teaching and pedagogical activities.
2) The 'Shahaji Warta' quarterly of the college was started by the administration of the college. The magazine publishes details and photographs of various events held in the college over a period of three months. This issue is distributed to students and parents.
3) As per the instructions of Shri Shahu Chhatrapati Shikshan Sanstha, the concept of 'Dress Code' has been implemented for the junior, senior and administrative colleagues of the college and its implementation is underway.
4) Academic Diary is being started for all the professors from the senior department of the college and it is helping to compile all the daily records at the academic and administrative level.
5) By appealing to the former principals, professors, students and grandparents of the college professors and well wishers, 88 prizes were started for all subjects.
6) 15 certificate courses are running in the college in collaboration with Shivaji University Center for Lifelong Learning, Continuing Studies and Continuing Studies.
7) 'Shripatrao Bondredada Smriti Lecture Series' has been started in the college. Arun Bhosale, Mrs. Dr. Manjushree Pawar, Dr. Chandrakumar Nalge, Shri. Vasant Bhosale, Dr. B. M. Hirdekar's lecture was organized.
8) Principal Dr. Vilas Powar and Smt. Seema Patil gave lectures through Shahu Club.
9) The concepts of 'Aao Bhasha Sikhen', 'Shabd Gyan Vriddhi' and 'English Gallery' were introduced in the college. Under this, every day one word is written in Marathi, Hindi and English language and its presentation is done in front of the students. This concept has helped students to develop vocabulary in three languages simultaneously.
10) The concept of 'Corner' and 'Wall' has been introduced in each subject by the Science Department of the College. At the beginning of the week, information is presented along with a demonstration of the subject matter.
11) College professors and students have done research work from time to time. This work continues at that level. It is not known to others. With this in mind, the college has started the concept of 'Research Corner' with the objective of opening the research work of professors and students to all. In it, research articles of contemporary context of professors are displayed.
12) 21 MoUs have been signed under different sections.
13) The idea of departmental library under all subjects is being implemented.
14) The Commerce Department is in the process of organizing an open trade fair for the purpose of creating trade awareness among the students and has been organizing trade fairs for two years in a row. In the first year, the students experienced buying and selling through 23 different stalls and in the second year, more than 30 different stalls.
15) In the process of evaluation in college, new experiments are constantly carried out. This year, in addition to the traditional assessment process, various levels of examinations like 'Surprising Test', 'Open Book Exam' and 'Objective Examination' are being conducted.
16) Online teaching of all subjects started during Corona period. WhatsApp, Google Meet, Zoom, You-Tube, Online Live lectures were organized.
17) An innovative initiative called 'Recognition of National Symbols' was started with a view to create a sense of national unity and patriotism among the students. Under this, students are given information about the national anthem, national flag, events, preamble of the event every year.
18) Students are introduced to the historical places and monuments of Kolhapur city through direct visits for the purpose of understanding the subject of study with actual demonstrations.
19) At the time of traditional festivals like Ganpati, Dussehra, Holi, Rakshabandhan, Deepavali, an attempt is made to convey the message through direct action with the aim of creating environmental awareness in the students.
19) Lectures, seminars, posters are organized with the direct participation of students in important activities like Marathi Language Day Fortnight, Democracy Fortnight.
20) Science Day is celebrated with special activities.
During the last three years, various programs have been organized at the college level and various improvements have been made. The general details are as follows.
1) 175 programs have been organized in the academic year 2017-18, 221 in the academic year 2018-19, 195 in the academic year 2019-20 and an updated record has been kept.
2) For the first time in the fifty years of the college, international conferences were organized by the Department of Political Science and Geography.
3) Webinars of 12 different disciplines were organized during Corona period.
4) There are many factors involved in the physical progress of the college. Images of Shripatrao Bondredada were affixed.
5) Information about the life and work of Rajaram Maharaj and Shri Shahaji Chhatrapati Maharaj was placed next to the statue.
6) Efforts are being made to provide administrative services to the students more quickly by computerizing the administrative work.
7) Signs of junior, senior, administrative co-operative, college development committee and other names were put up in the visible area.
8) New 'Coha' software has been introduced to speed up the process of computerization of the Library.
9) Exam room was updated.
10) Scientists were photographed in all the laboratories of the science department.
11) Green audit, water audit, gender audit, fire audit of the college was done.
During the fifty years of the college, along with the creation of educational, administrative and physical facilities, the idea of student development has always been at the center. All the components of the college are working with the same idea even today.
Professor honors and awards:
It is a matter of pride for the academic and administrative achievements of the professors as the journey of the golden jubilee year is coming to the fore. The following are some of the notable awards.
1) Principal Dr. V. D. Katambale received the Maharashtra Government's Ideal Teacher Award in 1996.
Principal Dr. V. D. Katambale received the world number one award from the Kunti Goyal Trust, USA for his long essay on Ramayana.
3) Principal Dr. D. R. More received the Maharashtra Government's Adarsh Shikshak Puraskar in 2008-09 and the Gunwant Shikshak Puraskar in 2010.
4) Principal Dr. R. K. Shanedivangot the honor of coming first in Maharashtra in the B. J. examination. For this he was awarded Lokmanya Tilak Award and Indutai J. Tilak Award.
5) Principal Dr. R. K. Shanedivan was honored with the Tambatkaka Granth Award, Radhanagari Sahitya Manch Award and the Literary Award of the Muslim Sahitya Parishad for his achievements in literature.
6) Senior Professor Shri. Dr. Chandrakumar Nalge D. Y. Honorary Doctorate degree from Patil University.
7) Dr. Suresh Shikhare received the Sitabai Kulkarni Award from Shivaji University for outstanding dissertation of Ph.D. (Year 2017-18)
8) Dr. M. S. Vanmore received the 'Ideal Teacher Award' from the Rotary Club.
9) Dr. D. K. Valvi received the Special Book Award from Dakshin Maharashtra Sahitya Parishad and the Best Novel Writing Award from Phadki Foundation.
10) Dr. Hundred S. S. Rathod received the 'Matoshri Award' on behalf of Lathe Education Society, Miraj.
Our Shri Shahaji Chhatrapati Mahavidyalaya has received various honors for its outstanding work in the field of social, educational and sports.
- The University Grants Commission conferred the status of Quality College on the College in the year 1977-78, taking into account the various innovative initiatives implemented for the enhancement of the educational quality of the students from 1974-75 to 1977-78
- The college received an award from the Government of Maharashtra for the innovations it has undertaken under the Addiction Free College.
- Shivaji University received Best College Award for the year 2012-13 and 2013-14 for outstanding work through National Service Scheme.
- Seema Gawde, a college student, received the Indira Gandhi National Award from the Central Government for her work in the National Service Scheme.
- The college for its outstanding performance in University, West Division Inter-University Competition and National University Competition. The college has won the Meghnath Nageshkar Trophy for three consecutive years (2014-15, 2015-16, 2016-17).
- Six sports students of the college were honored with the Shivchhatrapati 'Sports Award' of the Government of Maharashtra.
Established on 15th June 1971, Shri Shahaji Chhatrapati Mahavidyalaya has made remarkable achievements in academic and administrative level during the last 50 years. The college, which started with a very small number of students in the early days, now has more than 4000 students. Every part of the institution and the college is trying to preserve the active heritage of Shripatrao Bondredada. In this, the chairman of the organization, Hon. Mr. Mansingh Bondre, Honorary Secretary Mr. Dr. Vijayrao Bondre, all office bearers, principal of the college. R. K. Shanedivan, Manager Shri. Ravindra Bhosale, Superintendent Shri. The efforts and contribution of Manish Bhosale, senior and junior professors, administrative colleagues are important.