Department of Botany
| Date of Establishment
||Dr. Makarand Mohanrao Aitawade
| Faculty Members
Faculty of Department
Botany subject started from the establishment of Science wing in the college. Course are taught at for B. Sc. students of rural and urban areas with the aim to sensitize them towards learning and understanding Botany. Our India is mega diversity country in the world having Western Ghats, which is one of the eight hottest-hot spot rich in biodiversity. Considering the urge of it’s conservation department is taking active efforts by organizing workshops, study tours, guest lectures and awareness programmes. Faculties consistently sensitize the students about plants sciences, their importance, methods to enlist and conserve them. Students are guided with the objective of plant propagation and conservation. Department has started a practically applied, employment oriented 6 month Certificate course under Adult & Continuing Education centre, Shivaji University Kolhapur. Department has established Ficus Nature Club to carryout nature awareness programmes.
The Department of Botany was established in the year 2018-19 for B.Sc. course and Dr. Makarand M. Aitawade, heading the department since 2015. At present the department has 3 faculty members, of whom all have research qualifications. The department has good track record of research in Botany. So far the researchers have published more than 26 research papers, 3 research books and one Practical Hand Book for B.Sc. I. Department has completed Tree survey of gardens in the Kolhapur city under research sensitization scheme of Shivaji University, Kolhapur under the guidance of Dr. Makarand M. Aitawade.
- To develop the Department as a best centre for plant sciences in acedemics and research.
- Our objective is to provide training students in scientific and transferable skills in plant sciences.
- To impart quality education and equip the students with traditional as well as modern disciplines in plant sciences.
- Enable our students to face the job market confidently and sensitize them towards conservation of natural resources.
- Keep consistency in the field of Botany for the welfare of mankind and conservation of nature.
- All the basic facilities are there which are needed in the plant sciences including laboratory, ICT, Departmental Library, instruments, equipments etc.
Student Strength of the Department
B. A. I (Psy)