Department of Sociology
| Date of Establishment
||Shri. K. M. Desai
| Faculty Members
Faculty of Department
Department of Sociology was established in 1974. Mrs. Yedekar was the first Head of the Department. Then Mrs. M. P. Patil, Mr. S. A. Wadgave, Mr. K. N. Nirmale Headed of the Department. Mr. K. M. Desai is present Head of the Department. When it was started, there were only a few students in the final year and the strength of students has been increasing day by day. Our department was organized one day National Seminar on “Tribal Society: Literature, Culture and Psychographic Relationship” on Jan. 2013. The department organize various activities for the students progress.
- To create social awareness in students .
- To develop the social skills for future life of the students .
- To promote and support to the students for higher education in different fields.
- To promote and support to the students for competitive examination.
- A Special room is allotedto the department.
Student Strength of the Department
- Lecture on eminant persons.
- Wall paper display on economical issues.
- Study Tour.
- Field Work.
- Group Discussion on Social Problems.
Extra Co-curricular Activities
- Industrial visit.
- Students and Teachers participation in workshop.
- Alumni Meet.
Subject Related Courses
||Certified Agency/ University
||Social Work and Training
|| Shivaji University
||Dr. Sujata Karade
||Actor in Serial
||Clerk, S.T. Department, Maharashtra