Establishment of Department and Year:
The department of History in Shri Shahaji Chhatrapati Mahavidyalaya offers a unique, knowledgeable and creative field of History. The department has a strong focus on research with faculty who are experts in their fields.The History department seeks to build its students’ transferable skills, employability and intellectual curiosity, along with raising public awareness about the past and its legacies, through teaching, research and service activities conducted locally, statewide, regionally, nationally, and internationally. Above all, the faculty members are always ready to render all possible assistance and guidance to students within and outside the campus as and when required.
Department of History strated in 1974. Initially the department had a limited strength. But leeter it took massive jump and at present it is one of the leading department among the colleges affilitted to the Shivaji University, Kolhapur so far as the streanght of students is concerned. Dr. J. B. Pawar (1974 to 2002) an eminaenthistorien renowned Proffessor of History, Shri AnandraoVairat, (1974 to 1998) and Shri. A. D. Girihosavi (1987 to 2012) were the Ex. faculty memebers of the department. At present Dr. S. V. Shikhare is the Associate Professor and Head of Department, Shri. S. D. Aparadh and Dr. S. D. Jadhav is the Assistant Professor and faculty memebers.
Aims of Depaetment:
- To help students understand socity and there place within it, so that they develop a sense of their cultural heriteage.
- To develop in students the skills of enquiry, investigation, analysis, evalution and presentioni Historical Research.
- Empower students to cope with the challenges of globalization by instilling in them a life-long passion for learning about the past.
- The knowledge about the interconnections between the global, national, regional and local history will equip the students to face the challenges with confidence.
Objectives of Depaetment:
- The Department is dedicated to encourage studies in Martha History through teaching.
- To promote studies in History, Society and Culture of India in General and Maharashtra in Particular.
- To create Interest & awareness among the students about, local History and Historical Landmarks.
- To encourage the students to learn the skill and method of writing History and to develop research attitude among the students.
- A separate ICT based class room is provided for the department in our college building.
- The department has a small library having around150 books. Many of these are text books and the students can consult them in the department itself history.
- The department also has a collection of above 100 maps
The Department of History started Cirrier oriented Modi Sript Training Course.
||Magazine (Back Volums)
||Bhrat Itihas ani Sanshodhak:-4 0
||Samja Prabodhan Patrika:-10