Department of National Service Scheme Department has established in 1974. The motto of the National Service Scheme is 'Not Me But You’. Adopting this motto, the department has been working selflessly and competently with a sense of social responsibility. There are two units of the NSS Department in the institution. In this, the first unit is 100 and the second unit is 50 volunteers. Various social activities have been organized by the department. The Department of National Service Scheme is making a significant contribution in nation building. The remarkable thing is that the department has significantly contributed in Covid-19 phase and organized campaigns of "My family is my responsibility" and "My village is a corona-free village" in order to create public awareness about Covid-19.
- To establish the committee for National Service Scheme.
- To determine the procedure of committee for smooth functioning.
- To appeal students for register in NSS department.
- To inform students their role and responsibilities.
- To prepare the plan of regular activities.
- To decide probable village and month for organizing special camp.
- To conduct the meetings in last week of every month for review of regular activities.
The Motto of NSS "Not Me But You", reflects the essence of democratic living and upholds the need for self-less service.
- To inculcate human values and enable the personality development through co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
- To produce intellectually competent, socially conscious, emotionally integrated, spiritually enlighten and physically capable.
- To strive to develop patriotism, national unity, interfaith, co-operation, tolerance and social commitment among the students.
- To inculcate the spirit of labor culture and social awareness among the students through special camp.
- To inculcate the ideas of great reformers among the students by celebrating their birth anniversaries and death anniversaries through regular activities.
- To give hands-on experience to the students by organizing Shramadaan, Youth Weeks, Workshops, Camps, Enlightenment Rallies and Street Plays.
- To motivate the students to create their own existence and become self-reliant.
- To emphasize on personality development of students and understand the place and role of students (youth) in nation building.
Department of National Service Scheme is recognized as a competent and significance department in the institution. Various social and environmental awareness activities have been implemented through this department since its inception till date. It includes Blood Donation Camp, Social Awareness Rally, Street Play, Family Planning Programme, Literacy Campaign, Voting Awareness Campaign, Cleanliness Campaign, Water Literacy Campaign, Tree Plantation and Tree Conservation activities, Assistance to disaster victims in various types of natural calamities, Special camp, Workshops etc. which has been successfully completed in recent times. An eight days special camp is organized every year by the NSS Department. Special camps have been organized in villages like Balinga, Vasgade, Chinchwade and Hanbarwadi since the establishment of this department.
The Department invites students to apply for admission in the National Service Scheme Department every year through a notice at the beginning of the new academic year. A meeting of the interested students is organized and they are informed about the purpose of the NSS, organization of social awareness activities, role and responsibilities of volunteers. Every year various social welfare activities are organized by the department and the report was sent to National Service Scheme Department, Shivaji University along with audit.
|| 1978-79 to 1988-89
|| 1989-90 to 1999-00
|| 2000-01 to 2009-10
|| 2010-11 to 2014-15
|| 2015 to 2016
|| 2016 to 2017
|| 2017 to 2018
|| 2018 to 2019
|| 2019 to 2020
|| 2020 to 2021
|| 2021 to 2022
|| 2022 to 2023